viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2010

My experience learning English at univrsity / a reflection

Hello, this is finally my last blog! I can deny I’m happy…write this blog has been a very exhausting activity to me. Especially when you have to do this for two semesters!
Today I’m going to talk about my experience learning English at the university.
Last year, in my first day of class, when teachers explained the courses they told us about English course too. They said it consisted in four levels: Starter, Beginner, Pre-intermediate and Intermediate. But we had to give a previous exam to take the corresponding level to each one.
I stared in level two, Beginner. That was a great course because I learnt a lot. The teacher has an excellent methodology. I think the best part was note the huge differences between the kind of English classes that I had in my school and comparing them with English classes at the university.
For years I trained my listening and writing English skills, but during this course I had to talk in English. Just what I needed. Because even you know how to write in English or even you understand everything that someone told in this language is useless if you don’t know how to keep a conversation in English.
Pre-intermediate level forces me to talk. Big parts of the activities were related with develop our oral skills. I have to say sometime these were so frustrating to me because I’m pretty sure about my knowledge in this language but I never had the opportunity to talk with someone and practice before. So, face up those new situations was quite dramatic.
Intermediate level was awful, at first. First month was horrible because I was with classmates who entered to this level immediately. The differences that we have were so obvious. And they were enormous! I was very depressed. I didn’t want to go to classes because I was feeling out of place. Then I decided to change my attitude and tried to do my best.

1 comentario:

  1. Dear María carolina,

    I'm so sorry about this, I hope at the end the course was not so bad.

    JC

    ResponderEliminar