martes, 25 de mayo de 2010

My future as a midwife


When I become a midwife, what am I going to do? Which area I would like to work? Will my expectations come true? It is kind of difficult to give an accurate answer for those questions...Probably it might be because I am just beginning in this career and there are a lot of things I do not know yet. However, at this moment I’m very interested in a few career-related topics: public health and psychology.
In my opinion, public health is an essential issue to consider to make that a country be able to progress. I would like to do research in order to contribute in new governmental policies creation and thus improve health quality offered by primary care centers to the community.
The psychology area is quite relevant in this profession. Nevertheless, apparently it is not completely developed by midwives. When I finish this career, I would like to work in a primary care center to have a deeper contact with the patients. I think is very important to know about patients’ needs, the way that they live and if they have any trouble that they want to share. Maybe this is the only instance to make a real difference in someone’s life.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hello Carolina! the psychology is very interesting! you're right about that!
    Like you, I like to work in public health

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Caro! I think that is very relevant for our career the psychology and I'm glad that you in a future want to work in this area.
    See you in class, bye!

    ResponderEliminar