jueves, 20 de mayo de 2010

"Why I decided to study Midwifery"


A few years ago I was studying another career related to a different area; nevertheless I realized It was not make me completely happy.
When I decided to study Midwifery it was not a difficult decision. I must say that this career was not my first choice. In a first place, a wanted to study another career related to health area however I thought Obstetrics should be a good option.
Midwifery is a career center on women’s care during their lives which imply to participate in one of the most amazing process in woman’s life: the pregnancy process.
I think that any career related to health area has a huge social commitment, especially Obstetrics. I like this career because I could make my contribution to the community, helping it with the knowledge which I will acquire during this next years.
Since I took up this career I have realized that each subject has an importance in my vocational training, because a new knowledge makes a big difference in my creation of the midwife concept.
In my first year in this career I felt a special feeling about it. It could be due to I had a close experience with the practice of this profession. I think this is a considerable benefit which might help to figure out how you feel studying Midwifery or if this career makes you happy.
I really enjoy topics related to public health and psychology. Maybe when I become a midwife I will dedicate my efforts into these subjects.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario